Watch my video then check out the details below:
Contact the Shuttleworth Foundation: shuttleworthfoundation.org/contact-us/
The Human Fund
“Absolute poverty or destitution refers to the state of severe deprivation of basic human needs, which commonly includes food, water, sanitation, clothing, shelter, health care, education and information.”
What I am creating is a “Human Fund” (rather than a Hedge Fund). I will manage this money to focus it on poverty relief efforts by established non-profits in the most impoverished regions of the world.
Clean Water, local sustainable farms, shelters and energy will create the base level foundation for life. As this spreads, we invest in business through Kiva, we bring in Doctors without Borders to give everyone check ups, we bring in One Laptop Per Child and other free computer groups, we bring in Internet connection in order to share information, we use the “hand-offs + empowerment” approach to education, we bring in Open Source Ecology to boost technology in the region, and so forth, as far as our funding can help people get their staff and resources to these areas.
Contract regional sustainable energy providers.
Contract regional/local Internet providers.
In order to bring these groups together in these specific areas I will need to gather the funds to cover the costs. In order to do that, and how I will spend those funds along the way, I have created this 8-Year Plan to lead into 2020:
“2020” Human Fund 8 Year Plan
2012: Raise Funds, Establish Concept
* Apply to Shuttleworth Foundation
* Raise $2020 or more Online To Start Non-Profit
* Files Papers, Build Website, Create Better Video
* Raise $100,000 or more Locally in Sonoma Valley
* Donate half to “charity:water” for Central Africa projects and half to the Permaculture Research Institute of Australian to rebuild Jordan Project.
* Raise $10,000,000 or more from Billionaire Givers list.
2013: Integrate Projects; 2 Regions; 4 Needs (Water, Food, Shelter, Energy)
* Use funds to bring PRI to Central Africa and “charity:water” to Jordan to work together.
* Bring in Habitat for Humanity (or another “green” housing organization) into both areas to work with the PRI and c:w.
* Work with local companies, governments and groups to bring in local sustainable energy project into both regions.
* Raise $100,000,000 or more from Billionaire Givers list.
2014: Expand Project, Expand Services; 5 Regions, 10 Needs (Water, Food, Shelter, Energy, Sanitation, Education, Health-Care, Information, Legal Services and Financial Services).
* Use funds to bring project to South East Asia, Central/South America and Eastern Europe. Find countries in desperate need with receptive governments.
* Work with groups such as Doctors Without Borders, Lawyers without Borders, Amnesty International, Kiva, etc. to bring in other essential resources to the regions.
* Give funds to American projects; Urban Farming Guys, Simple Way, Lakota Nation, etc.
* Raise $1,000,000,000 or more from Billionaire Givers list.
2015: Reinforce Project; Fund Proxy Projects
* Continue to Fund Project and expand efforts in the 5 Regions.
* Fund proxy projects from emerging leaders in region to start replicate projects in other Countries within their region, ideally with people from the Country that came to help the initial regional project.
2016: Step Back
* Continue to spend funds on Project and incorporate/direct other groups to join.
Let “movement” move on its own.
* Continue to Participate in main and proxy projects.
Region to Region
Central Africa – charity:water
Charity: Water has already done a lot of work installing sanitation and clean water wells in Central Africa. I want to boost their work and bring in some complimentary groups. I’d like to fund a few Permaculture farm projects in the area. As well as bring groups like Habitat for Humanity, clean energy groups. free computer groups, Doctors without Borders, Lawyers without Borders, etc.
Jordon – Permaculture Research Institute of Australia
The PRI has already done some great work in Jordan, so I want to leverage that and bring Charity:Water and a number of other charities into the area. Jordan is dead center in the Middle East conflict, and focusing peaceful progress in that area may help influence the surrounding region.
Kansas City, North Philadelphia, Lakota Nation
I want to take this same approach and boost groups like The Urban Farming Guys (Kansas City), and The Simple Way (North Philadelphia), to help alleviate poverty in the United States. I’d also like to work directly with the Native Tribes, especially the Lakota Nation which suffers extreme poverty within America.
India, Peru, Former Soviet Union, American Samoa, The World
If we are successful building this system in Africa and the Middle East (and back home in America) then I’d want to take it to South American, Europe, Asia and Australia. My hope is that this model will get duplicate by other people, and this approach taken on by people around the world, with or without me directing it.
The Shuttleworth Foundation Fellow Program
If you can’t donate money that is okay, if you like what I am trying to do then please contact the Shuttleworth Foundation and support my application to be a fellow with them: