“Daring ideas are like chessmen moved forward; they may be beaten, but they may start a winning game.” – Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
“If we are to go forward, we must go back and rediscover those precious values – that all reality hinges on moral foundations and that all reality has spiritual control.” – Martin Luther King Jr.
“Life is a series of natural and spontaneous changes. Don’t resist them – that only creates sorrow. Let reality be reality. Let things flow naturally forward in whatever way they like.” – Lao Tzu
“Forward, as occasion offers. Never look round to see whether any shall note it… Be satisfied with success in even the smallest matter, and think that even such a result is no trifle.” – Marcus Aurelius
“March on. Do not tarry. To go forward is to move toward perfection. March on, and fear not the thorns, or the sharp stones on life’s path.” – Khalil Gibran
Not Left, not Right, but Forward.
Let’s Move Forward.
We Must Move Forward.
This back and forth that creates the stagnation that allows those already in power to better secure their power is only hurting us.
We must get past the media manufactured divisions in society in order to have a government that works for us, not against us.
We must see the big picture and base our priorities upon what is truly important.
We must shift away from Imperialism.
This re-direction must be a priority.
We must not let terminology stop us. Democrat, Republican, Conservative, Liberal. These words are meaningless and hold no value when looking forward. We must look forward. We must no longer be blinded by manufactured fears and limitations.
Ron Paul as the Republican Nominee will bring the issues important to both “libertarians” and “progressives,” and most Americans in general, to the debate. A Palin or Romney Nomination will not. A Palin or Romney Nomination will not Challenge Obama electorally or on policy. Only a Ron Paul ticket can do this and here are the statistics to prove it: http://freeindependentsun.com/republic/obama-v-paul-why-ron-paul-is-the-republicans-top-prospect-for-winning-the-presidency-in-2012/
As President, Ron Paul can End the War.
In Ron Paul’s own words, his priorities as President, when preparing a budget, would be the following:
- Reduce overall federal spending
- Prioritize cuts in oversize expenditures, especially the military
- Prioritize cuts in corporate welfare
- Use 50 percent of the savings from cuts in overseas spending to shore up entitlement programs for those who are dependent on them and the other 50 percent to pay down the debt
- Provide for reduction in federal bureaucracy and lay out a plan to return responsibility for education to the states
- Begin transitioning entitlement programs from a system where all Americans are forced to participate into one where taxpayers can opt out of the programs and make their own provisions for retirement and medical care
Ron Paul will be known as the Veto President. That will be his main power to stop the rise of Imperialism in America. That, and how he manages his cabinet (which includes the Department of Defense, i.e., The War) will be how his Presidency helps reshape America.
Why Green Party for Congress?
In 2012 we can Campaign to Elect the First Green to Congress.
In the previous year, both the UK and Canada have elected their first Green Party members to their Parliaments (equivalent to our Congress). Following this trend is a good idea. (Greens are also now the 2nd Party in Columbia).
In the last 10 years, both the Democrats and Republicans have had, for at least two year at a time, complete control of Congress and the White House and have FAILED to redirect our country in the right direction. Breaking the bi-partisan monopoly on government is important, and the global trend is that of the Green Party making the biggest dent right now.
Foreign Policy: End the War in Iraq, removal of troops from around the world, cease of sanctions and threats to Iran.
Civil Liberties: Protect the Privacy of U.S. Citizens, repeal PATRIOT Act, end Torture and Secret Prisons
National Debt: No increase to the National Debt.
Federal Reserve: Thorough Audit of Federal Reserve.
The Green Party is part of a Global Movement against Globalization. A Green Party member of Congress will only help Green Parties of other countries break-through their own power structures, and bring peace and prosperity to the World.
To create a balance as we move forward, combining populist-progressivism and compassionate-libertarianism.
Registering Republican to vote for Ron Paul may be a challenge of a “progressive-liberal” self-identity and political dogma, as well, asking libertarian-conservatives to vote Green Party for Congress may also be a challenge of their self-identity. That challenge is half the reason for doing this. We must break free of these predictable limitations.
By compromising, we all move forward, and can move the entire Federal Government in the direction of Peace, Individual Liberty, and Limited Government.
By connecting both movements, “progressives” can feel confident that a President Paul would be kept to his commitment regarding budget cut priorities, and “libertarians” can feel confident that a Green Congress will have their policies put to the test of a fiscal conservative as President.
Ron Paul and the Green Party Can Work Together
Ron Paul and the Green Party can work together to stop American Imperialism.
Ron Paul and the Green Party can work together to end the Prohibition of Hemp and reduce the Drug War (if not end it all together).
Ron Paul and the Green Party can work together to Audit and End the Fed.
Ron Paul and the Green Party can work together to end Corporate Welfare.
Ron Paul and the Green Party can work together to protect those dependent on the system.
How Can We Make This Happen?
Don’t Vote and Can’t Spare Money but still want to Help?
1. Post the link to this article on any social media, website, forum or email list/thread. Example message: “I don’t vote, but if you do, you should check this out: ”
2. Send the Official Campaign Ames Straw Poll (August 13th) ticket offer to any friends/family in Iowa: http://iowaforronpaul.com – Also send it to friends and family to then send to their friends and family in Iowa. Getting the word out about the need to win the Ames Straw Poll on August 13th and attaching the official website/offer (http://iowaforronpaul.com) is the most influential per amount of effort assistance you can make to the Ron Paul for President Campaign.
3. Find out who is running for Congress (Senate and/or House of Representatives) as a Green (and make sure they are supported by the local Green Party), and post/send links to friends and family in the State/District so that they know about the candidate before going to the polls (if they vote).
4. Help your (or neighboring) Green Party candidate for Congress collect signatures for ballot access. This will require you contacting the official campaign and giving a few hours of your time.
What if I want to help but don’t want to register Republican?
Even though we feel that Registering Republican to vote for Ron Paul in the primary is a huge exercise in freeing your mind from manufactured political limitations, even if you do not want to register to vote at all, there are two actions you can do to help Ron Paul win the Nomination and the Green Party get into Congress.
- Help phone bank for the Iowa Straw Poll (August 13th) – Unofficial Phonebanking System: rp2012.org – Videos on Phonebanking: rp2012org’s Youtube Channel
- Educate friends and family in open-primary states that they can take the Republican Ballot without being a Republican and vote for Ron Paul. Use the Wiki and our 5-Step article to educate people.
If you are down for more, here are a series of levels, or steps, of involvement to get you started:
A – Free, voter, action:
- Register Republican to Vote for Ron Paul in your State’s GOP Primary Election (Early 2012 – Possibly Late 2011).
- In the 2012 General Election (November 6) Vote for your district’s Green Party candidate for Congress and Ron Paul for President (if either option is not available, vote your conscious).
B – Social Endorsement
- Post this article on your Facebook, Twitter, etc.
- “Like” and share any “Ron Paul 2012” groups (find the official one).
- Do the same for the Green Party of U.S., your State’s Green Party and your district’s Green Party candidate for Congress (if any are not represented on your social network, create a group/page for them).
C – Monetary Assistance:
- Either give directly (http://ronpaul2012.com – http://gp.org) or register with Givv.org and set up a monthly contribution to “Ron Paul 2012” and your State’s Green Party affiliate (if there is not one set one up for your state). I have put up http://givv.org/recipients/green-party-of-california and http://givv.org/recipients/ron-paul-2012
- As people begin to run, research to find your district’s Green Party candidate for Congress, make even a single, one-time, monetary contribution to their campaign. More if possible.
- Give Directly to http://ronpaul2012.com on organized “money-bomb” days. The next being July 19th, 2011 (Ready, Ames, Fire)
D – Attendance Participation
- Find your local Ron Paul meet-up (http://ronpaul.meetup.com), whether with the official campaign or with an unaffiliated grassroots organization (Campaign for Liberty for example). Attend as often as possible (these are usually once per month).
- Attend your local Green Party meetings. (Again, usually once per month).
- Find your local Green Party candidate for Congress and help them collect signatures for ballot access.
E – Activist Participation
- Do what you feel you can to help build the Campaigns of both Ron Paul and the Green Party.
- Help register people to vote Republican for Ron Paul, and help Green Party congressional candidates collect signatures to gain ballot access.
- Promote this concept to more people using the following url: rp12gp.us